Optimize and manage from the desktop to the datacenter.
Virtualization essentially lets one computer do the job of multiple computers, by sharing the resources of a single computer across multiple environments. Virtual servers and virtual desktops let you host multiple operating systems and multiple applications locally and in remote locations, freeing you from physical and geographical limitations. In addition to energy savings and lower capital expenses due to more efficient use of your hardware resources, you get high availability of resources, better desktop management, increased security, and improved disaster recovery processes when you build a virtual infrastructure.
Reduce IT Costs While Improving Flexibility & Responsiveness
Don’t let server sprawl and platform dependencies prevent your organization from achieving its goals. Take control of your IT infrastructure and help it reach its full potential by using virtual infrastructure solutions from VMware to:
- Reduce hardware and operating costs by as much as 50%
- Reduce the time it takes to provision new servers by up to 70%
- Save more than $3,000 per year for every server workload virtualized
Consolidate Excess Hardware & Increase Server Utilization
VMware is the recognized expert in virtualization technology solutions and offers the most robust software suite in the industry for server consolidation – VMware Infrastructure 3. By consolidating your server hardware with VMware Infrastructure 3, your organization can:
- Increase utilization of existing hardware from 10-15% up to 80%
- Reduce hardware requirements by a 10:1 ratio or better
Our Solutions team can help you assess your IT environment to identify consolidation candidates and to calculate the potential savings from using virtualization.
Manage Your Virtual Infrastructure from a Single Point of Control
While most vendors offer only single-point solutions for server virtualization, VMware gives you the power to manage an entire virtual infrastructure. Using the production-proven VMware VirtualCenter, your organization can:
- Accelerate provisioning time by 50-70%
- Manage virtual machines from a central location
- Monitor the performance of virtual machines and their hosts
These and other benefits have enabled more than 85% of our customers to use VMware virtual machines in production environments for a wide range of applications.
Automate your Virtual Infrastructure to Ensure Peak Performance
With VMware, your IT organization can deliver levels of performance, scalability and availability that are not possible with a physical infrastructure. Using VMware VirtualCenter in combination with our VMware VMotion and VMware DRS products, your organization will be able to:
- Avoid planned downtime with live migration of virtual machines
- Enable dynamic policy-based allocation of IT resources with automated load balancing
- Eliminate many repetitive configuration and maintenance tasks
Our Solutions team and our partners can help your organization leverage these unique capabilities as part of an ongoing strategy.